Saturday, March 5, 2011

Natalie Portman wins Academy Award 2011 for "Black Swan"


The exquisite Natalie Portman won the Academy Award 2011 for Best Actress in leading role for her role in ‘Black Swan’.

The 29-year-old beat Nicole Kidman of "Rabbit Hole," Jennifer Lawrence of "Winter's Bone," Annette Bening of "The Kids Are All Right" and Michelle Williams of "Blue Valentine."

Portman, who showed off her baby bump in an off-shoulder plum colored Robarte gown, said, I am so grateful to get to do the job that I do, I love it so much," Portman said on stage. "I want to thank my parents, who are right there. Darren Aronofsky, you are a fearless leader and visionary. Most importantly, my family, my friends and my love. Thank you so much."

"Black Swan" was nominated for five Oscars, including Best Picture, but Portman's win marked the only one for the movie. The actress also received an Oscar nomination for her part in the 2004 movie "Closer."

No comments:

Post a Comment