Friday, March 25, 2011

Riccardo Tisci to Replace John Galliano at Dior


Italian designer Riccardo Tisci, who initially turned down his job as creative director at Givenchy because he wanted to concentrate on his own line, has accepted the offer to replace John Galliano at Dior.

The 36-year-old designer was reluctant to concentrate on his own line, but he changed his decision, when his mother told him she is selling his father’s home after falling on hard time, he quickly changed his mind and accepted Dior’s offer to replace Galliano.

Riccardo said, "When I heard that it was like a knife in my heart. I felt like such a failure, that my mother had to sell the house of my father whom I don't remember.

"And then I went to Paris, and they showed me a contract with all these zeros on it, and it was like help from God. I thought 'If I sign this, my mother will never have to worry again.' So I signed it."

On the other hand, Givenchy will now work with Haider Ackerman after Tisci’s departure.

No comments:

Post a Comment