Saturday, December 18, 2010

Avril Lavigne Steps Into Fashion With Her Abbey Dawn Line


The music sensation, Avril Lavigne, who launched her juniors line ‘Abbey Dawn’ exclusively at Kohl’s two years back, is expanding her brand by introducing rock-inspired tops for men and women directly to customers on the web and in boutiques worldwide.

Kohl’s was a great way to start my line and a great home for it for two-and-a-half years” said Lavigne adding, “The thing with me is…I really want my clothes to be available internationally.”

Abbey Dawn, which is basically a nickname Lavigne’s father gave her when she was young, is all about Lavigne’s personal rock style.

“I’m designing it for me, really,” Lavigne said. “I learned a lot about myself with designing the stuff. I was really excited about [for Kohl’s] did well. It gave me the confidence; you don’t have to be perfect. It’s about having fun. It’s a lot of fun. It’s another way to be creative. It’s all the same. It comes from me.”

The line Abbey Dawn will include men’s section, which will cover basics including t-shirts, hoodies and caps in a dark palette of grey, black, white and red, which is Lavigne’s favorite hue for men.

“I think about my brother [Matt] and I think about my band,” Lavigne said. “It’s for the guy who’s into brands like Metal Mulisha — just edgier.”

Other than that Abbey Dawn will include women’s fashion such as high heels plastered in skull print, studded handbags lined in zebra print and dresses inspired by pin-up girls. The full line will make its debut next June at the Bread & Butter trade show in Berlin. Retail prices will range from $20 to $40 for loungewear and active wear; $20 to $60 for wallets and handbags; $25 to $60 for dresses, skirts and pants; $30 to $50 for bikini sets; $30 to $80 for sneakers, platform heels and wedges, and $40 to $70 for denim. Anderson hopes to land Abbey Dawn in major department stores.

While talking about the theme of her fashion collection Lavigne said, “The inspiration for my line comes from my personal style; I’m not a huge fan of floral. I like stripes and plaid and polka dots and allover prints of skulls.”

Abbey Dawn is bold and colorful, it’s for that girl who has an edge and has fun expressing her through fashion,” Lavigne added.

No comments:

Post a Comment